For a printable version of this recipe, click here: Berry-Trifle
This light and delicious trifle is so easy to make, and it’s a beautiful addition to any dessert table. For a more grown-up version, limoncello gives it a lemony zing!
Makes 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 angel food cake
32 oz vanilla yogurt
1 quart strawberries, rinsed, hulled and halved
1 pint blackberries, rinsed
Optional: ½ cup limoncello
- Cut angel food cake into 1” cubes.
- Cover bottom of trifle dish with 1/2 of the angel food cake cubes.
- If using limoncello, drizzle ¼ cup on top of cake cubes.
- Arrange ½ of the berries on top of cake.
- Spread ½ of the yogurt on top of the berries and cake.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of yogurt.
- If using, drizzle remaining limoncello on top of cake cubes.
- Spread with remaining yogurt.
- Arrange remaining berries for a beautiful dessert.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Use your favorite fruit and yogurt flavor, and a complementary liqueur – the combinations are endless.