For downloadable and printable recipe, click here: Berry Blue Spinach Salad
Makes 2 Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: none
1 bag baby spinach (6 oz)
1 cup blueberries
1 cup quartered strawberries
1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
¼ cup slivered almonds
½ cup crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
¼ cup fresh raspberries
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tbls raspberry vinegar
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp honey
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Muddle raspberries in a small bowl. Add all remaining dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended.
2. Place spinach in bottom of large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper if desired. Arrange remaining ingredients on top of spinach.
3. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing.
- One 14.5 oz. box of whole wheat pasta shapes
- One bag pre-washed baby spinach or one package of frozen spinach (defrosted and moisture squeezed out)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons while flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Over medium heat, drizzle a little oil into a saute pan. Add spinach and wait until it reduces in size and is soft, turning occasionally. Add wilted spinach to a food processor and puree until smooth. (For frozen spinach, put defrosted spinach directly in food processor). Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add flour, whisk and cook for one minute. Slowly add milk continuing to whisk until combined. Continue stirring and allow the rue to come to a slow bubble. Add the shredded cheese and stir until cheese melts and is combined. Add cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach puree until combined. Add drained pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to coat pasta. Pour into casserole dish, top with some additional shredded cheese if desired, and bake on 350 degrees just until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
1 can (14oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (8 oz.) container lowfat plain yogurt
1 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onion1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp. chopped red pepper
Instructions: Combine all ingredients except red pepper and mix well. Pour mixture into 1-quart casserole dish or 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and sprinkle with red peppers.