To download printable version, click here: 3-Cheese-Veggie-Quiche
This lightened-up version of a quiche is a delicious brunch entree. And it’s even better as leftovers when the flavors all blend together!
3 Cheese Veggie Quiche
Recipe adapted from a recipe by Cabot Creamery
Makes 8 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 medium onion, diced
½ pound mushrooms, sliced
1 large carrot, shredded or spiralized
1 zucchini, thinly sliced or spiralized
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced or spiralized
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
1 cup egg substitute
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle cheddar cheese in the bottom of a quiche pan or a large pie pan.
- In a small skillet, sauté onion, mushroom and carrot in butter until crisp-tender, add zucchini and yellow squash and continue to sauté 2-3 minutes. Place vegetable mixture on top of cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, yogurt, egg substitute, salt, oregano, basil, garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Garnish with spiralized veggies.