- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 pound beef (like New York strip or tbone), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Creamy Blue Cheese-Tarragon Dressing
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head radicchio, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare beef: Combine yogurt, garlic, oil and tarragon in a large bowl. Season beef with salt and pepper and add to the bowl; turn to coat. Place the beef in a baking dish and cover completely with the yogurt mixture.
- Bake until the beef is cooked through. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Thinly slice the beef when cool enough to handle.
- To prepare dressing: Mash blue cheese, oil, vinegar, tarragon and honey together in a medium bowl with a fork until well combined. For a creamier dressing, add yogurt 1 tablespoon at a time, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble salad: Gently toss lettuce, radicchio and arugula (or mixed greens) in a large bowl. Divide the greens among 4 plates, top with equal portions of the beef, spoon 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad and sprinkle with walnuts.