- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 9 (6-inch) corn tortillas, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; saute 6 minutes on each side. Place skillet in oven; bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until done. Remove chicken form pan; let stand 15 minutes. Remove meat from bones; shred. Discard bones. Place chicken in a medium bowl; stir in cream cheese, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add onion, and saute for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove 3 tablespoons onion mixture; add to chicken. Add chili powder, red pepper, and cumin to remaining onion mixture in pan; saute 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth, 3/4 cup water, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Tear 1 tortilla into small pieces; add to tomato mixture. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Carefully pour tomato mixture into a blender and process until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture into the bottom of an 11×7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Warm remaining 8 tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place steam-side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining tomato mixture over filled tortillas. Sprinkle filled tortillas with cheddar cheese. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Sprinkle with green onions.