- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.7 ounce) can lowfat condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound processed cheese, cubed
- pickled jalapeno pepper slices, to taste (optional)
- Place lean ground beef and onion in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onion is soft. Drain and turn heat to medium low.
- Pour in condensed cream of mushroom soup. Mix in processed cheese and desired amount of jalapeno peppers. Cook and stir until all ingredients are well blended, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a medum bowl. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
- Reheat the mixture in a slow cooker, mixing in about 1 tablespoon of water to thin if necessary before serving