- 1 can (29.5 oz) white hominy, drained
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup (8 oz container) sour cream (for best results, do not use light/fat free
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cup shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute diced onion and set aside in mixing bowl.
- Combine drained hominy, drained chiles, sour cream, spices, then add sauteed onion and half of shredded cheese mix.
- Pour mixture into ungreased baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
*Recipe submitted by longtime Arizona dairy farmer Paul Rovey.