Creamy Greek Yogurt Alfredo Sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh Italian parsley
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and cook a few minutes until it is fragrant.
- Add the flour, stirring/whisking constantly until nice and bubbly.
- Add chicken stock while continuing to stir. Turn heat to low and gradually add milk, Greek yogurt and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until smooth and the cheese is melted. Add salt and pepper, to taste. If you let the sauce cool down a little it thickens a lot.
- Serve over your choice of cooked pasta noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Store any leftover sauce in the fridge and add a little bit of milk before heating it up as it will be very thick once chilled. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes