- 1 medium poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon group red pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container crab claw meat, shell pieces removed
- Preheat broiler
- Place poblano on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 8 minutes on each side or until blackened. Place pepper in a small zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and chop.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients (through red pepper) to pan; saute 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn; saute 2 minutes. Remove 3/4 cup corn mixture from pan. Combine 3/4 cup corn mixture and 3/4 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup half-and-half and flour in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to pan. Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Return corn puree to pan. Stir in poblano, milk, and crab; bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with corn muffins or cheesy bread.