For downloadable, printable recipe, click here: Steak Lettuce Wraps with Horseradish Cream
Recipe from www.dairygood.org
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
½ cup Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
2 to 3 Tbsp. prepared horseradish (to taste)
1 flank steak (~1/2 lb)
1 head Bibb lettuce
1 Fuji apple
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
1. Stir together the yogurt and horseradish, using more horseradish for more robust flavor; refrigerate until service.
2. Season the steak as desired with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and cook to desired doneness, flipping once. Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. As the steak rests, remove the leaves from the head of lettuce and slice the apple into matchsticks.
4. Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
5. Assemble the wraps: layer several slices of beef into the bowl of a lettuce leaf and top with crunchy apple and a spoonful of horseradish cream.
**Use whatever lettuce you like the most – substitute radicchio, romaine, or iceberg. Or, dial down the portions and serve as an appetizer on endive leaves.
**Make this horseradish cream a go-to lactose-friendly garnish for hamburgers and other sandwiches.