- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) pieces French bread, halved lengthwise and toasted
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to coat. Place juice in a small bowl. Peel, seed and chop avocado. Add avocado to juice; toss. Add avocado mixture and tomatoes to tuna mixture; toss well to combine. Sprinkle cheese evenly over cut sides of bread, and broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Place 1 bread slice, cheese side up, on each of the 4 plates, and divide tuna mixture evenly among bread slices.